Saturday, July 19, 2014

Matt's Gaming Corner #1: Left 4 Dead 2

Like our fan-base, we are gamers. And, like all gamers, we like to discuss games. I will be, as you may have guessed, writing articles on gaming here. Feel free to comment on them, and have a good time.

So, For a small introductory article, today I was able to test AMD's answer to NVIDIA Shadowplay: AMD Game DVR. The results were fantastic. I was able to record Left 4 Dead 2 without the stuttering or outright freezing that were staples of my previous high quality recordings using Open Broadcast System. I played the entirety of the level Dead Center: Hotel.


I continued on my adventure on the next level: The Streets. Here, I encountered one hiccup. When the first horde spawned, the game began to stutter. Afterwards, as well as during further hordes, the game ran perfectly. This leads me to think that either the hard drive was overworked (I record the video to the D:\ drive, as well as play my games on it) or  my RAM was maxed out. I believe it had something to do with the hard drive, as I have 4GB. However, I do not think this will be a problem as long as Game DVR continues to work as well as it has.

If you would like to view higher quality, uncompressed versions, please go here

No comments:

Post a Comment